You’ve seen them—those classic Ford F-Series trucks (Ford F-100, F-150, F-250, and F-350) from 1965 to 1979, parked in someone’s yard or listed on Facebook Marketplace. These vehicles have been sitting idle, often covered in a layer of dust and nostalgia. While many of these 2WD trucks were once the kings of the road, today they’re largely forgotten, serving only as vintage eye candy.
At Kincer Chassis, we want to change that with our 2WD to 4WD Conversion Kits.
Schedule a call to find the right 4×4 conversion kit for you today!
Why Convert Your 2WD Ford to 4WD?
The Ford F-100, F-150, F-250, and F-350 models released during this period were workhorses, but the 4WD versions are hard to find today. Most of them ended up as farm trucks and are pretty beat up. On the flip side, the 2WD versions were produced in higher volume and are generally in better condition and much easier to find. For example, in 1974, Ford manufactured 389,000 2WD half-ton pickups, but only 27,000 4WD half-ton pickups.
Converting your 2WD to 4WD gives your truck a new lease on life, making it a versatile, all-terrain machine. You can navigate rough trails, go off-roading, or tackle challenging weather conditions, or just make your truck a little more useful and less likely to get stuck—all with the same classic Ford that you love. Use your truck as a truck!
Adding 4-Wheel Drive to a 2WD Truck: How It Works
To make this conversion possible, we’re offering three different kits to get all 4 wheels turning:
Conversion Kit One: The Basics – $1,399
Everything You Need to Convert Your Frame to 4WD
- Front coil buckets: These hold the coil springs that provide suspension.
- Shock mounts: These secure the shock absorbers to your truck.
- Frame box: Adds structural integrity to the frame.
- Track bar mount: Stabilizes the axle laterally.
- Engine crossmember: Adds structural integrity to the frame.
Kit Two: The Advanced Setup – $6,899
Everything You Need to Convert Your Truck to 4WD
Includes everything from Kit One, plus:
- Front 9-44 axle housing: The skeleton that holds the front axle components.
- D44 Inner Cs: Connects the axle housing to the steering knuckles.
- Radius arm mounts: Attach the radius arms to the frame.
- Custom inner axle shafts: These transfer power from the differential to the wheels.
- Hardware: All the nuts, bolts, and washers you’ll need.
- Extended radius arms: Provides better articulation and control.
- Track bar: Further stabilizes the axle.
- Axle seals: Keeps lubricants in and contaminants out.
- Coil cups: Holds the coil springs in place.
Kit Three: The Complete Kit with Assembled Front Axle – $10,999
Everything you need to convert your Truck to 4WD – with the axle already done
Includes everything from Kits One and Two, plus:
- Strange 31-spline 9-inch nodular third member: The heart of your differential, customizable with gear ratio options and 1310 yoke.
- D44 hubs, spindles, bearings, seals, and hardware: All necessary components for your front axle.
- Outer D44 stub shafts with u-joints: Connects the wheel hubs to the inner axle shafts.
- Axle-to-frame brake line and hard lines installed: Ready-to-go brake lines.
- Powder coated and assembled: Your kit comes fully assembled and coated for durability.
- D44 knuckles/ball joints: Connects the axle and the wheel, allowing steering.
- Mile Marker Lockouts: Allows you to disengage the front wheels when not in use.
- OEM brake package with 12” smooth rotor: Ensures powerful braking capability.
- Lube Locker gasket: Ensures a leak-free seal.
- All New Parts: You’re getting brand new, top-quality components.
- Quality Control: The same quality control as our chassis so you know you’re getting good stuff!
How Much Does a 4×4 Conversion Kit Cost?
As detailed above, our kits range from $1,399 for the basic setup to $10,999 for a complete, assembled kit. We’ve done the work to make sure these kits just work. We wanted conversions to be straightforward and we made a conversion kit that can deliver just that.
How Hard is it to Convert a 2WD to 4WD?
While the conversion process is intricate, our kits are designed to make it as straightforward as possible. For those familiar with auto mechanics, it’s a rewarding DIY project. However, if you’re not comfortable with the process, we recommend getting the conversion done by professionals. See our video resources to get a better idea of the conversion scope.
Is it Worth Converting Your Ford From 2WD to 4WD?
Absolutely. The conversion not only enhances the capabilities of your truck but also increases its resale value.
It’s an investment that over time pays off in both functionality and value. These trucks are hot and they are quickly making a comeback. The truth is, if you can find one you should buy one.
We can see the price of these rising in the next couple of years, so now is your chance to get in early and save some money. Don’t believe us? Check out 2WD vs 4WD auction results!
What Do You Need for a 4WD Conversion for a Ford F-Series?
The essentials are included in our kits, ensuring you have everything you need for the conversion. All you need to bring is your 2WD Ford F-Series truck and a good sense of adventure.
Our 2WD to 4WD Conversion Kits range from just the components you need to convert your frame to everything you need to get you rolling. If you have a specific application and need a different front end, you can just get the frame conversion, or take it all the way!
How Do I Know You Make Good Parts?
When it comes to quality and craftsmanship, we understand that you don’t want to take any chances—especially when it involves a classic vehicle that you cherish. At Kincer Chassis, we’ve got a track record that speaks for itself.
Our Work with Jay Leno’s Bronco
One of our standout projects involved creating the chassis for Jay Leno’s Bronco, which was featured at the SEMA 2019 show in the Ford display. This high-profile build required attention to detail and top-quality parts, and we delivered. You can learn more about this build on our website.
Partnership with Krawlers Edge
We are also in partnership with Krawlers Edge, a well-known name that manufactures premier parts for Early Broncos. Their components are found on some of the most prized classic Broncos across the country. This collaboration further solidifies our commitment to quality and excellence.
Why Trust Us?
- Expertise: Our team comprises industry experts who understand the intricacies of vehicle mechanics and design, specifically for vintage Fords.
- Quality Control: Every part that leaves our facility undergoes rigorous quality checks to ensure it meets our high standards.
- Customer Satisfaction: We take pride in the relationships we build with our customers, and our goal is to exceed your expectations in every way possible. Have a question about our 4WD conversion kit? Just ask, we’d love to answer and help you figure out just what you need.
So when you choose a Kincer Chassis conversion kit, you’re not just buying parts—you’re investing in quality, durability, and a legacy of excellence.
So why let your classic Ford gather dust when it could be conquering hills, trails, and tough terrains? Revive your 2WD Ford F-Series with one of Kincer Chassis 2WD to 4WD Conversion Kits today.